Sunday, January 24, 2016
REVIEW & FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Cover FX Natural Finish Oil-Free Foundation Posted at 4:56 PM 0 comments (+)
I've once again picked up a new product during my hunt for a new "holy grail" foundation for these dry months. This time it's the Cover FX Natural Finish Oil-Free foundation. This foundation is nothing new, it's been around for some time now. I wouldn't say this product is what Cover FX is known for, but considering their most popular product is $40 concentrated pigment meant to mix into other products, I simply felt this foundation would be the better road to take (besides—why spend $40 on pigment drops and spend the time mixing and matching when I can buy an actual foundation for the same price?) 

Although I will say right now this is definitely not that holy grail foundation that I'm looking for, there are a lot of things that can be said about this product both good and bad. My desire to be a more positive person is influencing me to start off with the pros.

The thing I was most impressed with was the staying power and longevity of this foundation. The product page on sephora simply states that it's "long lasting", which, in my experience, can mean as little as 6 hours to as much as 12+. This foundation for me definitely lasted for a full day, which was a big surprise considering how thick the consistency is almost making you worry that it would slide right off your face. Honestly, the price happens to be a pro for me. In my eyes, $40 is pretty standard for a high end foundation and I truly don't mind spending that. The finish it's self appears beautiful, whether you set it with a powder or not (though it is recommended.) It appears quite air-brushed and borderline flawless, without appearing heavy on the face. When you touch your face, it feels absolutely natural and hydrating even if it's a different case for how it actually feels sitting on your face, but I'll get to that momentarily. Besides the longevity of the foundation it's self, it helped the rest of my makeup including my bronzer and blush stay beautiful all day. Unfortunately this review can't just stop here, because there are some definite cons.

As I mentioned how thick the consistency is, it feels as thick as it looks. It feels nice to the couch, but my face certainly didn't enjoy how heavy this product felt. Another problem I had with this foundation is creasing, which I fortunately don't usually have a problem with but I think I want to blame that on the thick consistency as well. The product is actually so thick that any facial expressions I made that causes natural "fine lines" thoroughly showed those lines for a good amount of time throughout the day. The lines eventually fade, as long as I didn't make any faces, but that is definitely an inconvenient issue to have to work around. Besides the thick consistency and heavy feel, my biggest complaint would be how it appeared on my dry patches. The point of me searching for a new foundation is to find one that works well with dry skin, not one that emphasizes it. Unfortunately, throughout the day it made the dry patches around my mouth and nose look awfully cakey. 

All-in-all, I actually wouldn't say it's a bad foundation, I'd just say it's not for me. And maybe as my skin makes it through this terrible dry spell, it's a foundation that I could definitely try using again and maybe enjoy more. But for the condition my skin is currently in, I'm gonna have to wait for another time. Would I recommend this to others? I actually probably would, but I'd say if you've got dry skin to steer away. This is something I think would work very well for someone with normal type skin.

TLDR;

Consistency: 3/5

Finish: 5/5

Longevity/staying power: 5/5

Ability to blend: 4/5

Oil control: 4/5

Appearance on dry skin: 2/4

Overall rating: 3/5






Labels: , , , , , ,

CREEPYTEA
Well, hello there! I'm Tiffany. I'm a 22 year old girl that happens to do a lot of online shopping and loves to try new things and work on fun small projects, so this is my place to share all of that with you!

For any inquiries in regards to sponsorship, reviews, affiliation, etc. feel free to email me at creepytea@yahoo.com


You can click on any of the above icons to connect with me! If you've got any video requests, feel free to contact me on either of them.
Labels
Stores & Discounts

Scentbird is a monthly subscription where you
can receive a 30-day supply fragrance of your
choice every month to your door. Choose from hundreds of top designer fragrances. Try a
new scent before committing to spending top
dollar for a full bottle. Click the banner above
for a free month.



Tokitti's Shop is a place for all of your cute
needs. From adorable stationary, authentic popular Japanese plush, to delicious Japanese snacks all at great prices. Fast shipping and wonderful customer service will keep you
coming back.


Your source for authentic Japanese products
and anime merchandise with worldwide
shipping. With many categories to choose from
and constant discounts and promotion, this is
a shop you need to give a visit to. Click the
banner to receive $5 off.

FAQ
If you have a question for me, please send it to
me here and I will answer as soon as possible.

Q: Where did you buy (item) in this (video/post)?
A: I always leave the store name and link as well as any social media for the store in the post or video description.

Q: Was (video/post) a sponsored review? Do you get paid for it?
A: If it's a sponsored review I will make it known
in some way. I am more than likely not being paid, but rather benefiting in other ways. However, whether or not a review is sponsored will never affect my opinions or statements about the store
or product. If it's a sponsored review, that means i've purchased from the store or purchased the item before and enjoyed my experience to be comfortable enough recommending it/them to others.

Q: Do you take requests or suggestions for videos?
A: Of course! If you've got a suggestion for me then you can let me know by contacting me on
any of my social networks, which you can find above (the pink icons).
Credits
Layout by mymostloved with script, background and image.